Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Lisbon Hodge-Podge

As blog posts go, this one is pretty general... no big ideas to convey this morning. Just a check up--like your annual physical.

I have been in Lisboa for six days now, and I will probably be leaving on friday for the south. I have been enjoying my days, strolling around the city, and trying to absorb it. So far, these are the things I am inspired by.

Architecture>>>>>

One of my favorite things about this place is the coexistence of old and new. There are amazing antique relics sprinkled around, and at times I just stumble on them accidentally. Like this elevator, built by a guy who helped with the Eiffel tower.



And the Forte do Sao Jorge--St. Geroge's fort.



And this skyline dotted with domes and steeples.



New Friends>>>>>>>>

I have also been fortunate to be amongst civilization again, meeting fun new friends from all over the world...


Germany, Mexico, Barcelona x2


Portugal *woof* and Germany


Berlin x2

Today I am off to discover the historical part of the city called Belém. I am very excited. It is home to a HUGE and gorgeous monastery. For now, though, I am off to breakfast!

No comments: