Sunday, November 2, 2008

Muchas Gracias, Many Thanks

Along my fabulous adventure in Spain, there have been so many fabulous people helping make my time even more fabulous. I wanted to be sure that I said my thanks to these fantastic people. SO. I will introduce you here, briefly, to some of my new friends.

.............in Santiago

These fabulous ladies were my travel buddies for a day of exploration along the coast of Spain. We had a great time exploring, and looking for food at the ungodly early hour of 6:oo pm and found nothing. Christina, the cutie patootie in the pink sweater at the top was the most fabulous hostess I could have ever asked for, and a fantastic friend. She is a must-see in Santiago de Compostela.

............in Logorono

Allow me to introduce my Logoroño ladies: Elisa, Carla, Lorena and Eva. Welcoming me into their home, sharing meals with me, and taking me out for a night on the town, these girls are really special. Lots of great memories with these gals. Thanks so much. And remember, keep practicing your spanish, van a mejorar, poco a poco. lol. Here we are enjoying local wine and tapas sandwiches of sardines, cod or mushrooms.


Elisa was my unofficial guide to Logoroño. She showed me around to her favorite places, and knew the city better than she thought. When we tried to get lost, it just never worked. Thanks for the fun memories!


.............in Pamplona

Onintze is my little Basque beauty. She showed me all around Pamplona, putting her architecture training to good use in educating me on the significance of local points of interest. She is a delight. Thanks for your kindness and hospitality. My home will always be yours.

The fabulous brothers of Pamplona! Josemi (who I will introduce later) and Fernando were better hosts than any gal could hope for, and believe it or not ladies, they cook and clean up after themselves!


You have already met Onintze on the left. Now allow me to introduce two of my awesome students from ELC last summer: Josemi and Carla. They were great fun in English class, and were kind enough to invite me to visit their homes and they took fantastic care of me. Josemi was my host, chef and guide in Pamplona and Carlita was my host, culinary student and dear friend in Logoroño. I hope some day I will be able to return their generosity and kindness. Besos and abrazos for you both.

No comments: