Monday, August 25, 2008

Yard Sale

Well, I forgot to also say that my yard sale was quite successful. I had SO much stuff that I didn't need anymore, and yard sale was the perfect way to make it disappear! I sold books, DVDs, a rocking chair, some painted chairs, some art, board games, a dresser, lamps, kitchen appliances, a bookcase... and raised a decent amount of money to help pay for my trip!

Yesterday, of what remained, I donated CDs, dishes, books, and holiday decorations to a store called Boomerangs, which uses profits made from the resale of second-hand items to support AIDS research.

Now all that remains to do is donate fabric to the Lawrence Boys and Girls club, try and resell some books to a used book store, and post snowboards and old comic books to craigslist. Phew. I have been busy, but it feels great to get so much accomplished!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess, I finally got around to checking my work email and I am so excited about sharing your travels with your students from last year, especially the google earth, where is Ms Ellis feature. Very cool. Good luck and I will check back often now that I have you bookmarked....

Martha

GaryJr said...

You didn't sell my movie did you? It's out of print! LOL. Am I going to see you before you take off?