Thursday, August 21, 2008

Immunizations and General Health

Ok. Those of you out there may or may not know this about me... I am actually needle phobic... they make me nauseous, and more than one interaction with them has lead to me passing out. That being said, these last few days are full of needles between travel health and visits to the dentist to get my last check ups (mind you, they do have a bit of work to do since I haven't been to the dentist since I was a wee little thing).

I just now came back from the travel health clinic, complete with three band aids and a sore shoulder. The good new of this? Well, I should be good to travel just about anywhere. Between the inoculations from previous trips and the ones I scored today, I am covered for the following diseases:
  • Measles, Mumps and Rubella
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Cholera
  • Yellow Fever
  • Typhoid
  • Polio
  • Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis
I am also equipped with prescriptions for an anti-malarial, an antibiotic "traveler's stomach" cure, and prescription-strength pepto tablets. I should be in really good shape. Phew. I am going to be the bionic woman with all the medical treatment I have received this year!

No comments: