Saturday, August 16, 2008

Status Update

Hi everyone!
Things are going along swimmingly! As time ticks down, I become more and more disillusioned. I can't believe what I am about to do. I am hovering around the two week mark. I have my flights, my health insurance, eurail passes, arrangements for my first 2 months...

Then there are the small other details that I either have or am working on:
  • extra passport photos should i need to either replace my passport or apply for a visa
  • choosing the ESL materials to bring with me
  • copies of all important documents to leave with my family: credit cards, passport, bank information, teacher certifications, health insurance info, etc.
  • carefully packed belongings to store here, labeled well should anyone ever need to access it
My main tasks for the next two weeks
  • sell my unwanted belongings at my yard sale next weekend
  • donate/sell whatever remains after the sale
  • store items I wish to keep
  • fully move out of my house
  • pack carefully, with as little as possible
  • finalize bank information
  • carefully pack and store my artwork
  • finish all medical appointments
  • see everyone I possibly can
I think I am in really good shape. I have been planning this since April, so I have had lots of time to put all of my ducks in a row. I feel confident that I have dealt with the big issues, so that only smaller details remain. Phew. Tick-tock...

No comments: