Thursday, June 26, 2008

Getting Started

This is it. This is my time. I am preparing for what will surely be the greatest trip of my life.

As you may or may not know, I tore my ACL snowboarding in Colorado this February. After 2 months of physical therapy--Thanks Jake!, I had surgery--Thanks Dr. Zarins! The ensuing time off work afforded me the chance to really think about what I wanted to do with my life. The end result of that thinking?.... A total change. I quit my job, sold all my belongings, and bought a plane ticket.

I plan to travel as much of the world as I can, for as long as I can. My journey will begin in the Azores, where I arrive Wednesday, September 3. I plan to travel by a combination of couchsurfing, HelpX farm work, and teaching English. I have only a general outline for the fall, and I embrace the inevitable changes as challenges that will come along with it.

I cannot wait to get started!

No comments: